- Name: A. Elizabeth (Lizz) Patrick
- Department: Chief Client Officer
- Phone: 404.437.6731
- Email: moc/puorgwalkcirtap]ta[kcirtapl
Chief Client Officer
Tulane University, J.D. (1988)
Magna Cum Laude/Class Rank 5
Law Review 1987-1988
University of Georgia, B.A. (1985)
Lizz Patrick is Chief Client Officer and Founder of Patrick Law Group. Over the span of her 30 year career, she has prepared and negotiated thousands of commercial and construction contracts.
Mrs. Patrick has also successfully prepared and negotiated procurement and commercial contracts for her Clients, with contracts ranging from master agreements for the development and installation of telecom infrastructure and equipment to global sourcing agreements, including contracts for indefinite or “open supply” of materials or equipment, independent contractor and professional service agreements, master service contracts for the major equipment and systems over multiple sites, and material handling and other logistics system development, installation and servicing contracts.
Her experience includes design, service, procurement, construction and project management contracts for a wide variety of national and international projects, including fixed price, cost plus, and guaranteed maximum cost contracts, master service agreements and variations thereof. She has expertise and experience with a variety of project structures including design-bid-build, design-build, “fast track”, phased design and construction, construction management at risk and not-at-risk, multiple prime, turn-key, and engineering, procurement, and construction (“EPC”) project delivery.
Leveraging her transactional as well as her dispute resolution background, Ms. Patrick has assisted a number of Clients with developing standardized contracts for operational use and support, along with providing specific and tailored in-house training and procedures for the use of those forms. Her dedication, responsive service and reasonable fees have resulted in Client relationships which have spanned over a decade.
Her Clients include Fortune 100 and other well-known profit and not-for profit companies, in a broad range of industries, including health care systems, office and retail developers, public utilities, consumer products, insurance, telecommunications, media and cosmetics.
In recognition of her outstanding legal ability and experience, Ms. Patrick has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America from 2014-2015, as well as recognized in Chambers U.S.A. Georgia Legal Elite, and International Who’s Who of Construction Lawyers. She has also been selected as a Georgia Super Lawyer every year since 2004, and as one of the Top 50 Female Super Lawyers.
She has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating of AV for legal ability and ethical standards. She is a frequent speaker and publisher.
Prior to starting Patrick Law Group, Mrs. Patrick was a partner in the Real Estate and Construction Groups at two Am Law 100 Law Firms located in Atlanta, Georgia, and, at one of those firms, she served as the Practice Group Leader.
Presentations and Articles
- Speaker, Master Services Agreement-an Overview of Key Provisions (Internal Presentation and Training for Corporate Utility Company), October 9, 2013
- Speaker, Top Contract Provisions to Know and Care About: Drafting to Accomplish Business Goals and Manage Risks (The Association of Corporate Counsel of America Georgia Chapter Inc.), June 11, 2013
- Speaker, From Service to Supply: Key Provisions, Project Management and Negotiation Strategies for Contracts (Internal Presentation for National 501(c) Organization), June 2010
- Speaker, Your Contracts and Project Management: Key Contract Provisions (Internal Presentation and Training for Large Healthcare System), annually since 2004.
- Speaker, From Service to Supply: Key Provisions, Project Management and Negotiation Strategies for Contracts (Internal Presentation for Global Cosmetics and Beauty Company), June 2009
- Speaker, Contract Negotiations from the Owner’s and the Contractor’s Perspectives, Construction Law for the General Practitioner (Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia), September 28, 2007.
- Speaker, Ten Key Decisions to a Successful Construction Project, Key Decision 1: Creating the Project Program (The American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry), September 2005.
- Speaker, Perplexing Issues in Design-Build Projects, (American Bar Association Real Estate and Probate Section), October 2004.
- Speaker, Preparing and Negotiating Design and Construction Contracts for the Complex Healthcare Projects, (Healthcare Roundtable for Facilities and Support Services Executives), May and November 2003.
- Speaker, Representing the Private Owner: The Large and Complex Project, (CLE International), September 2002.
- Speaker, Assembling and Drafting the Contract Documents or Sprint to the Finish Line: The Owner’s Perspective, Getting it Right: How to Structure Complex Projects to Allocate Risks and Minimize Disputes, (American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry), October 2001.
- Speaker, Design-Build Issues: The Owner’s Perspective, (American Bar Association, Real Estate and Probate Section), August 2001.
- Speaker, Contract Negotiations: Different Explanations, Different Strategies, Covering the Design Water Front: Insuring Projects with Fragmented Design Responsibility, (American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry and the TIPS Fidelity and Surety Law Committee), January 2000.
- Speaker, New Problems with the New AIA Documents, (Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Advanced Construction Law Seminar), March 1999.
- Speaker, The Consequential Damage Waiver Provision, AIA Contract Documents – Generation Next, (American Institute of Architects, the American Bar Association – Forum in Construction Industry and Litigation Section, the State Bar of Georgia – Construction Law Committee and the Atlanta Bar Association – Construction Law Section), May 29, 1998.
- Moderator, Delay Damages: From Construction Contract to Closing Argument, Advanced Construction Seminar, (Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia), March 1998.
- Speaker, Recent Developments in Georgia Construction Law, (Atlanta Bar Association – Construction Law Section), September 1997.
- Author, Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 68 Inapplicable to Rejected Offer of Settlement, Johnson vs. Penrod, (61 Tulane L. Rev. 1551), June 1987.
- Co-Author: Design Professional Liability in Negligence to Noncontractual Parties, (9 Voir Dire 28), 1988.